Did you know, between 70-80% of users on search engines focus only on organic results?
If it wasn’t clear to you earlier, this should be able to explain how crucial Search Engine Optimisation has become for a business’s success online in the past years.
The field of SEO is also fast-paced and changing rapidly. This makes it even easier for brands like you with an online presence to fall short on SEO writing services that work and find yourselves struggling to stay afloat on search engines due to a new algorithm update.
Chances are you already know what you are doing wrong, but you continue on the same path thinking you can trick Google into giving you good rankings. You could not be more wrong! It all comes with a consequence.
It would have been easy for you to fool Google with keyword stuffing and content spinning a decade ago, however times have changed and so have search engines. Google is updating algorithms after algorithms to make sure its users are getting the most relevant data with respect to their searches online. Hence, the smartest way to move forward from here would be to focus on:
- SEO content writing that is true to your product/service and adds value to your readers
- Sparse and pensive use of keywords to create SEO friendly content
- Using quality links in your website content
You can also consider working with professional SEO content writers or a content writing agency with a large fleet of experienced content writers to do the job for you!
For now, here is a list of eleven common SEO content writing mistakes you can avoid to improve your rankings on Google and attract valuable traffic to your website.
- You still practise keyword stuffing in your website content
- You don’t have a keyword strategy in place for SEO optimised content
- You are only focussing on high-competitive keywords for your articles
- You don’t give due importance to meta tags and meta descriptions for individual website pages
- You don’t provide image tags and alt text for images used on your website and blog pages
- You focus on SEO more than providing useful information to your users through content writing
- You don’t know how to link your website pages internally
- Your have gathered too many cheap backlinks
- You don’t have a content calendar
- You don’t publish content on your website regularly
- You don’t update your online content writing frequently
These are just a few, but most common mistakes businesses make while creating SEO content for their website. Before jumping into the advanced SEO techniques make sure you have these squared out!
Keep the small things in mind, such as writing unique meta tags and meta descriptions for each page on your website and every individual blog for your brand. Provide alt text for images used in your content so that google bots and crawlers can better understand the relevance of your content and improve your rankings in search results.
If you need be, take help from a content writing agency and work on a content calendar to streamline your content production and keep pushing articles on your website on a regular basis. Not just Google, but your readers will also take note of that!
Lastly, focus on creating content for your readers first. All the other SEO techniques are for you to be able to push your quality content to your audience.
Are you making any of the following changes on your website currently? Need our help?